Victoria, British Columbia

Call for backup

Found Tips: 

If you are not able to safely restrain the animal, call the animal control agency or if necessary the local police departments. In rural areas, often the sheriff department handle these situations. Report the situation as clearly as possible, they will be asking for specific road names, mile markers and landmarks. Leave your phone number with the dispatcher and try to get an estimate of how long it may take someone to respond. Try to stay on the scene to keep an eye on the dog or cat until help arrives.