Spaying and Neutering
Benifits For Females:
- 100% foolproof way to prevent pregnanc
- Prevents mammary cancer
- Prevents uterine infections
Benefits For Males:
- Reduces undesirable male behaviors such as fighting, wandering, strong-smelling urine, and spraying.
- Once a male cat sprays he may always spray. That is why it is so important to have your cat neutered as soon as he reached maturity at approximately 6 months of age. Waiting may enable him to spray which neutering may or may not cure. The only way to be 100% affective on preventing him of spraying is having him neutered before he ever sprays.
Unfortunately it is all too common that people are just not educated on the importance of birth prevention and the related health risks of their pets. Every puppy or kitten that you’re pet produces even if you find them a home it takes the life of an unwanted pet.
To Many Times We Hear :
- We thought female’s were suppose to have at least one litter
- It’s a female’s right to bare her litters
- I wouldn’t want to be spayed or neutered against my will
- Why deprive her of the experience of motherhood ?
- Males have the right to mate
- Children should witness the miracle of birth
- She would have such pretty kittens
- The pups will sell for at least $40.00
Unfortunately, people do not realize that as a result of this kind of thinking we now have over population, suffering and the death of thousands of animals each year, because it is not just one person or family doing this. The sad truth is that there just are not enough homes to go around. Our member’s emergency work and the euthanasia performed prove these sad points.
- Over 41% of all cats will be abandoned, unwanted stray and feral cats.
- 1 Unspayed female cat will have approx. 2 litters per year with approx. 5 kittens per litter. Each kitten will then have approx. 22 kittens in their lifetime.
- The aftermath is phenomenal – 1 unspayed cat, with her unspayed offspring can reasonably be responsible for 4800 kittens without human intervention over a 12 year period.